- Fire Rages Ogunpa Market, in Ibadan – This day, Monday Dec. 29 2008.
- Fire Outbreaks take 1,017 lives in Kano State between Jan – Dec. 2009 (Kano State Fire Services) – Thisday, April 2, 2010
- 52 fire incidents in Lagos in Dec. 2015 -Director of Fire Service Lagos – Channels TV, 18/1/2016
- Ajimobi sets up panel to probe incessant market fire in Oyo State – Vanguard, Wed. 30, 2015
- 2 dead, 800 shops razed as fire guts Station Market, Kaduna – Vanguard, Wed. 27, Jan.2016
- 50 Spare Parts Shops razed at Agodi, Gate, Ibadan – Punch, Monday 25, January 2016
OUR COLLECTIVE NEGLIGENCE
On average, 2 markets get burnt down in fire incidents each month and traders expect the government to compensate them.
We have the Laws that provide compensation for the victims of these disasters and at the same time Fines and Prison Terms are imposed for non – compliance.
Ignorance of the Law is not an excuse